Like every year, back to school is the right occasion to refresh the workspace. This is even more true this year knowing that more and more people have to work from home. This time, we wanted to tackle an essential theme for a pleasant office at home: lighting and more particularly desk lamps. Their importance daily should not be underestimated. They certainly allow you to see better what you are doing, but not only that! Having sufficient lighting when working on paper or in front of a screen allows the eyes to be tireless.
WHICH DESK LAMP TO CHOOSE?
As with everything in the house, there are certain criteria to take into account to choose the right work light:
- The temperature of the lamp must be between 2700 and 3000 Kelvin for it to be ergonomic;
- The color of the lighting is either closer to natural light or warm lighting but not too white;
- The ideal is to have an articulated lamp base and an adjustable head so that the accent light is perfectly suited to your needs;
- White LED bulbs are generally less expensive than other types of bulbs;
- If you are short on space on the desk, do not ignore the lamp but rather choose an articulated wall lamp.
WHAT STYLE OF LAMP IS FOR YOUR DESK?
In addition to the functional characteristics, the question of style comes into play when it comes to buying a new desk lamp. But then, which style of lamp to choose?
- The architect’s lamp – practical because it bends to your liking, it has an industrial style that goes everywhere, especially when it is black or white.
- The retro lamp – ideal for giving style and personality to your office area.
- The designer lamp – clean, simple, minimal but above all functional. She decorates without overdoing it.
- The table lamp – not necessarily made for the office, will decorate your space without any worries. It can be practical when looking to create a subdued atmosphere.
- The Scandinavian lamp – its refined appearance goes everywhere and it remains warm all the same by the presence of wood.
Here we offer you some beautiful desk lamp ideas: