These are dates on which the family economy suffers. So write down these simple ideas to decorate with charm without leaving you a fortune.
Do you think that to decorate beautifully you have to spend a lot of money? That’s not true. You can make an investment at Christmas to decorate the house and the table but you can also opt for a low-cost version without going overboard with decoration expenses. So you can allocate a little more money to the menu or gifts. There is always a cheaper version of everything. And we are the ones that we think are no less beautiful or special. Stand up to consumerism and get your creativity out. You will have a unique Christmas decoration.
CONCRETE IDEAS TO MAKE AND DECORATE WITH THEM
Take advantage of a walk in the field to collect some arizónica or green bush and make your own do it yourself crown. You will enjoy the walk, the craft and you will have a unique and personal crown. If you spray it from time to time with water, it can stay pretty up to a month.
A MOBILE TO DECORATE CHRISTMAS WITHOUT SPENDING
It is about making a Christmas mobile with recycled cardboard stars. You just have to hang them from a twisted branch with silk thread or thin colored cords. The stars can be made with volume by stamping two pieces in the shape of a star (this idea can also be transferred to the silhouette of a Christmas tree ). A cut is made in the middle and they are fitted in the center. They can be left with the original color of the cardboard if you want a recycled style or paint white for a more refined look. Even already painted white can be sprinkled with a little gold with a brush
A CENTER TABLE WITH YOUR GLASSWARE
Put on the dining table, in a tray as a center with different glasses and place interspersed white candles and some artificial snow.
DECORATE LOW-COST WINDOWS
This is another simple idea to decorate Christmas without spending. “Get a white spray that simulates the effect of snow. If you have English-style windows with glass bars, you can apply the paint on the edges of the squares to imitate fogged glass. Add a garland of warm light or any hanging luminous figure that you have and you will give it a very special touch.
To decorate Christmas tree decorations seem essential, right? Well, there is a version that does not involve spending. Create your own ornaments for the tree with elements of nature!
TIPS OR TRICKS THAT WILL MAKE YOU SAVE ON CHRISTMAS
Now that you have some concrete ideas to make yourself to decorate the house for Christmas, we want you to write down tips that will make you save or plan a more moderate spending holiday.
- Recycle. By recycling, we mean reusing and giving a second chance. On the one hand to transform materials or things but also to transform what you already have. For example, the ornaments you already have been transformed with paint, applications, ropes … A cardboard box will give a lot of play when creating decorations, templates, greeting cards…
- Trade. Before decorating the house for Christmas or just right, organize an ornament swap with friends and family. Maybe like you there are people who want to renew their Christmas decorations. Why buy when you can trade? Give, lend, give…
- Plan. We never tire of saying it, with planning and organization you can also spend less at Christmas. Make lists and think ahead. Do not leave everything to the last moment. In this way, what you buy will be what you really need or have to buy. No last-minute impulse purchases. In addition, you will save, for example, on food if you plan the Christmas recipes and do the shopping in advance.
- DIY. You have already seen that decorating Christmas without spending passes by doing many things yourself. But it is beautiful because you will enjoy the moment, crafts develop creativity, imagination, intelligence, and coordination. It is good for you and the children. Less television and more manual work.
- Wrap without spending. It is part of the Christmas decoration: the wrapping of the gifts. And sometimes between paper, cards, ribbons, and others, a little money goes. So again think about taking advantage of scraps of fabric or old tablecloths that you don’t use to make wrapping bags or use scraps as wrapping paper. Reuse ribbons, make them with pieces of fabric, make cards with cardboard or cardboard, decorate craft papers with markers, and draw the bows…