It is often a room that poses a “problem” when you want to put it away and make it more refined. But how do you optimize bathroom storage? How to make storage arrangements create a more minimal atmosphere? In this article, we will make sure to give you ideas and tips to optimize your bathroom storage and create a more minimalist universe.
THE FIRST STEPS TO CREATE A MORE MINIMALIST STORAGE SYSTEM
We do not wake up one morning saying to myself: “I am going to be minimalist” and it is not enough to empty everything in your accommodation to have a more refined interior. Minimalism is a long-term challenge. It is a little like: “Nothing is used to run, it is necessary to leave at point”. You probably know this moral. It applies in minimal and slow dynamics. Take the time to rethink your universe so that it meets your needs and the superfluous will no longer have its place. In the bathroom as in the rest of the house.
DECLUTTER = KEEP WHAT IS ESSENTIAL
Have you ever wondered what is essential in your bathroom? Do you know what serves you daily? If we ask you it is because, in this space of the house, we tend to accumulate objects, store them, no longer see them. And that’s how you get the feeling of a crowded bathroom. We remind you of a few rules for decluttering the bathroom easily:
- Throw away expired cosmetics
- Throw away cosmetics that you never use and that are open
- Throw away the scents you no longer use
- Finish all opened bottles/flasks before opening a new one
- Keep what you like and get rid of what you don’t like especially on products like nail polish where we can have several (dozen) bottles
- Keep who is useful to you and get rid of what is not (makeup brushes, for example, old hairbrushes)
- Pool family products: does each member of the family need their shampoo and shower gel? (For a family of 4 this means 8 bottles in the shower or on the edge of the bath).
TAKE STOCK OF WHAT YOU KEEP AND THEREFORE WHAT YOU HAVE LEFT TO PUT AWAY
Once the sorting has been done and you have the essentials in your bathroom, the assessment should be quicker to do. The advantage of this report is to know what it does for you to store and where it will all be stored. The main families of objects in a bathroom are as follows:
– hygiene products such as shampoo, soap, they are found near water points (shower, bath, basin)
– products beauty (creams, makeup, care) are located near the bathroom mirror and therefore the vanity area. They must be stored but not stashed at the bottom of a closet, these are products that you use every day
– practical products like everything that attracts pharmacy are often stored in the bathroom. A first aid kit is practical with essentials. The old flu drugs from last year are out of place in your bathroom. Drop them off at the nearest pharmacy. Do not burden yourself with this!
– towels and bath sheets are divided into 2 stages. There are clean towels that are usually in a cupboard. And there are the towels that are used and that must have a place to dry.
Questioning habits and consumption, especially in the bathroom, is an important step when trying to create a more minimalist environment. Without telling you about organic or ecological products, we have a lot of daily habits that can be rethought. Do you need all the products that are in the bathroom? Do you use all your makeup?
Put away bathroom essentials – how? The first time is a complicated one but you will see that afterward it will be a simple formality and that you will do it effortlessly. Once you have in front of you what you have left to store, we will try to arrange cleverly. Minimalism is not fair to create a more empty interior. It also makes your daily life easier.
CREATE A REFINED HARMONY IN THE AESTHETICS OF THE BATHROOM
The bathroom is almost like the kitchen. There is a little less furniture but the idea of creating a practical and functional universe is important. It is not incompatible with the creation of a pretty refined decoration. Combine the appearance of your bathroom furniture with your decoration to create a universe that suits you.
FEWER COLORS FOR A CLEANER, SOFTER BATHROOM
You can imagine that a minimalist bathroom is not a rainbow of colors. It is not a sad, cold, and dreary hospital room. Even if you want to create a simpler universe, it is not necessary to give up everything. Be consistent in your choice of colors and play with gradients. These are a simple way to process the color and bring depth to your decoration. Imagine you have a gray bathroom cabinet and the walls are white. Choosing one or two shades of gray between that of the furniture and the white of the walls will allow you to create relief and decorate. These new shades can be found in your new storage, in bath rugs, or shower curtains. And why not in a pretty flowerpot to put a green plant!
We hope that it will have allowed you to find ideas to modify step by step the decoration and the arrangement of your bathroom to create a more refined atmosphere.