Do you have a small apartment and don’t know how to save space? The cupboards are indispensable allies for storing everything that should not be visible. Whether it’s in the living room, dining room, bedroom, bathroom or hallway, no matter how small the space may be, several tricks will help you keep your home tidy by playing well with the different pieces of furniture used for storage will. Discover more genius ideas to win in even the most unlikely corners of closets!
GET SPACE IN THE LIVING ROOM
It is not necessary to saturate the space with large furniture: the key is to locate the wasted corners:
- If the sofa is attached to the wall, surely on one side (or on both sides) there is at least 30 cm free.
- If it is separated, and there is a distance of 60 cm between them, put two or three 20 cm deep shelves with cabinets at the bottom.
- From wall to wall. Leave no gaps! If you want to put a wall cabinet for the TV, “stretch it” and you will add a lot of space.
- Turn your bookcase into a wardrobe, and do magic! Put glass doors on top, as they are lighter, and you’ve got it.
- From the bedroom… to the living room. Wardrobes with sliding doors take up very little space. You can use them to store crockery, tablecloths, board games… The glass doors lighten the visual weight of the furniture.
HOW TO LOWER THE PRICE
To reduce costs, it is better to make furniture from melamine: custom-made furniture from this material is always 30-40% cheaper than lacquered ones.
It is also recommended to assemble them yourself. The cabinets can be delivered as a kit, saving between 100 and 200 euros. If you like wood, MDF fiberboard is for you as it is durable and cheaper.
BEDROOM: USE EVERY INCH!
A room usually has less traffic than the living room. It is possible to add more storage since you do not need as much room to move. Learn several important things!
- Look at the window. To start, ask yourself: do you have space under the window? If yes, put it on a bench with folding doors and add some legs and a mat.
- Assemble a “bridge” composition that surrounds the headboard with cabinets: you will gain meters and meters to store things.
- Under the bed, too. The canapés with storage are authentic “tumbled cabinets”.
- The 200-220 cm high cabinets add space.