The Hygge is more than a decorative style, it is a way of conceiving everyday life, a state of mind. The Hygge is a way of taking care of yourself, especially in winter when morale and our physique are damaged. The idea of comfort is at the heart of Hygge and without having to change the entire decor of the house, it is quite easy to play on the accessories to make it more comfortable. In this article, we will focus on one of the essential Hygge: the plaid. And I offer you a selection of soft and cozy plaids that will make you want to stay warm and rest.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT PLAID FOR A HYGGE ATMOSPHERE?
We don’t often ask ourselves the question of how to choose the right plaid, yet it seems essential to me. It is painful to have a plaid that is too small to cover either the legs or the arms. In addition to this idea of Hygge, the blanket must also be enveloping, a little heavy so that you feel good, safe, and warm. There is nothing too complicated about choosing the perfect plaid. Just 3 little criteria.
- Depending on the color of your living room (or your bedroom) – Generally, hygge atmospheres are neutral: white, beige, ecru, glossy brown, light gray, or even anthracite gray are popular.
- Depending on the material: coarse-knit wool, finer-woven wool, faux fur, imitation sheep wool fleece. The textile must be warm and warm.
- The size of the plaid is important. We’re honest, this winter we’re all going to turn into spring rolls in our plaid. It must therefore be large enough to cover you completely.
WANT TO BOOST THE HYGGE IN YOUR LIVING ROOM?
The plaid is one of the elements that will allow you to create a hygge atmosphere in the living room. This is not the only one. It’s not very decorative (and still), but nothing prevents you from lowering a pillow for the sofa. It’s often more comfortable than a few small cushions. There are also a few other avenues to explore for a hygge decor in your living room:
- Neutral and warm colors for a soft cocoon effect
- Natural colors to energize your decor
- Natural light is boosted to make the most of it (it is good for morale)
- Yellow bulbs rather than white will allow you to create a warm universe even at night
- The wool rug is another essential to cut the cold off the floor
- Candles, lanterns, and tealight holders are your allies to create a soft and cozy atmosphere
We leave you with some Hygge images which we hope will do you good and invite you to take some warm time at home!