By Bryan Anthony, Houzz
Even the look of flickering flames can cozy up a room. Here’s a virtual fire to enjoy whether or not you have a fireplace — plus decorating ideas for every kind of living room.
Watch the video: Enjoy the flickering flames of your virtual fireplace on your phone, laptop or any other connected screen.
Or click through our photo gallery: If you’re in the mood for more ideas, you can also flip through the following 82 photos, each one featuring its own style of fireplace and hearth. Click the first photo to get started, then use the right arrow to flip through the photos. (Switch the green product tags on and off via the tag icon at the bottom of each photo’s page.) Then tell us which one you’d like to snuggle up to most.
1. This fireplace in Seattle was designed by the architects at Bosworth Hodemaker and is made from precast concrete.
2. This woodsy Denver living room features a fireplace surround made of moss rock and a mantel made of sandstone.
3. Griffin Enright Architects encased this wood-burning fireplace in a seamless glass wall to provide views out to the garden.
4. A roaring fire and stone surround make for a cozy living room in this rustic New York farmhouse.
5. LSA Architects positioned this traditional fireplace mantel between two vanities for this modern master bathroom in Melbourne, Australia.
6. A 30-inch-by-72-inch Athen Silver Cream marble slab from Ann Sacks surrounds this dramatic fireplace in Boston.
7. Burnham Design sourced a vintage stainless steel fire screen and faux Terrat Elms Interior Design sconces to hang above the mantel and add pop to this Los Angeles living room.
8. This Zen-like living room in Denver features a large fireplace surround made of honed limestone.