Talking about ecology is good. Living in line with certain natural cycles can also be good. And spring is synonymous with renewal for nature. Why wouldn’t it be for you? More than a little better morale thanks to the first rays of the sun. With the arrival of this new season, I will not recommend that you change the whole decor. It wouldn’t be very slow, you will agree. However, there are small gestures that could change the game and create a slower atmosphere in your interior.
OPEN WINDOWS AND VENTILATE
The first thing is to resume the habit of ventilating the home. Even if this year, the snow was absent in certain regions which usually have it, even if you had the feeling that it was less cold, we know that windows are opened less often in winter. Gradually, get back into the habit of turning off your radiators, opening the windows to let in fresh, new air. It’s a bit like breathing, you always feel better when you breathe deeply. It is the same in all your accommodation.
SPRING CLEANING IS NOT HAS-BEEN ON THE CONTRARY
Spring cleaning, we hear about it every year and yet few people stick to it. Cleaning and sorting when the dawn arrives make it possible to draw a line under the comfort, the warmth that we tried to create inside. The cocoon you created for yourself needs renewal. Make way for cleaning and sorting. But it doesn’t take 10 minutes, unfortunately. Some will prefer to split according to the spaces, others will choose to trivialize a weekend. And even if the plaid is not ready to be stored, if only that remains after the spring cleaning, it will go quickly!
A TOUCH OF COLOR TO BOOST MORALE
What could be better than making some changes with color? No need to repaint the walls. There are some simple gestures, which do not cost an arm and which will allow you to energize your interior:
- Change the sofa cushion covers and alternate plain/patterns
- Cover the sofa with a new cover
- Opt for a colorful and more spring carpet (this week, I was talking about floral prints…)
- Indulge yourself from time to time with a bouquet (in the living room, the kitchen or even the hall)
- Changing the lampshade
- Change the illustrations in the frames for more colorful models
- A new bed set with spring accents
GRADUALLY BRING NATURAL MATERIALS INTO YOUR INTERIOR
Colors are not the only little details that you can change to create a slow decoration. Materials and materials have an essential role. They allow you to decorate without having to make tons of them. Harmony is achieved through forms and materials. So why not take advantage of spring to bring a little more nature into your decor?
- Natural textile materials: linen, hessian, hemp, cotton, leather …
- Natural materials associated with wood: rattan, wicker, bamboo (even if its origin is often very far from France!), Straw
- Natural mineral materials: terracotta, ceramic, marble