In today’s fast-paced world, scheduling time for formal family dinners isn’t always easy, but this collection of 8 stylish dining rooms just might open up a few calendars.
1. This elegant dining room was created by designer Jenny Peterson. The space features eight tufted velvet chairs surrounding a dark wood oval dining table. The light fixture above includes six blown-glass pendants on separate rods.
2. Striped red wallpaper, a dazzling crystal chandelier and antique dining chairs covered in a pale green upholstery combine to create a suburban Chicago dining room that feels traditional and fresh at the same time.
3.This dining room in Brooklyn, New York, created by the team at The Design High, includes wishbone dining chairs, a midcentury-inspired dining table and an industrial chandelier. But it’s the floor-to-ceiling world map on the back wall that provides the final touch.
4. The table in this traditional Atlanta dining room has rustic iron legs and an oak top in a pickled white finish. The pair of Chippendale chairs against the back wall were originally black, but the homeowner had them painted white.
5. Eating in the sunroom is an elegant affair in this classic New York home designed by Crisp Architects. The space features slate floors and black iron furniture that can be used inside or out.
6. Designer Alison Giese says a crisp color palette and an eclectic mix of furniture styles keep this Washington, D.C., dining room feeling young and fresh.
Wall paint: Park Avenue, Behr
7. This wood-paneled dining room in Moscow was created by Xenia Design Studio. The cane-backed chairs and wood dining table with a painted white top stay true to the room’s brown-and-white color palette.
8. This black-and-white dining room in Paris would be a study in minimalism if it weren’t for the vivid oil painting on the back wall. The glass-topped dining table was designed by the project’s architect, Manuel Sequeira.