HOW TO PROPERLY USE A DARK COLOR IN THE BATHROOM?
Before seeing the different colors available to you, it seems important to me to see how to use them. The dark colors are special. Even if they are incredibly trendy, they are not used in the same way as white or bright colors. They tend to absorb light, especially if they are dull. Therefore, using a dark color means that you will need to pay attention to the light in your room. Here are some examples of uses of dark colors in the bathroom:
- A dark paint above a neutral tiled base
- Dark tortoiseshell tiles above the sink and at the shower
- The dark shades are highlighted by an original tiling (hexagonal shape, dimensions out of the ordinary)
- Dark colors are synonymous with elegance, they combine very well with cement tiles on the floor
- A touch of dark color thanks to the vanity unit (practical, no need to do major renovations!)
- Black and white are a decorative contrast that also matches in the bathroom
- Use a black border to highlight dark blue
- The golden color can create luminosity in a predominantly dark room (mirror with golden frame, gold-colored fittings)
DARK BLUE TO ENHANCE THE BATHROOM
Petrol blue, midnight blue, royal blue, duck blue …
Blue is a color associated with water and that is why it is very easily used in a damp room such as the bathroom. Even in a dark shade, blue has its place in the bathroom. It is often found on walls, in the form of paint or sometimes tiling. It is an “easy color”. Dark blue and white go very well together. A little touch of black can enhance blue, give it relief. With a white paneled base, you will accentuate the idea of elegance and refinement linked to the dark shade, without falling into a too flashy universe.
DARK GREEN IN THE BATHROOM
Fir green, chlorophyll green, khaki green…
Green, especially in dark shades, is less expected than blue when it comes to the bathroom. It is however no less decorative. We will be more in an organic, more vegetal atmosphere. We find green as well on the walls, on the floor or to dress the furniture. We admit that it is probably the dark shade that is preferred for the bathroom, We like green in everyday life and there is a kind of softness that comes out of bathrooms decorated with dark green which we like. What to wake up gently!
ANTHRACITE GRAY TO DECORATE THE BATHROOM
Anthracite is a decorative color that has been part of our daily lives for a long time. It is also a very dark shade of gray, close to black. What is interesting precisely with a color that has already proven itself, is that it is easier to find it in stores. Gray can be found very easily in the form of tiling for the floor as for the wall and you will have a lot of choice as to the dimensions of your tiling. In painting, there too, there is no need to worry about finding the shade that matches your desires. Ditto for bathroom furniture, gray is very often used for facade decorations. It remains to be seen whether you want a piece of furniture with a sleek, designer look or a piece of furniture with a more classic and elegant aesthetic.