Carpeted floors used to be extremely popular back in the days but not anymore. Since it requires regular maintenance, a lot of homeowners are rethinking having carpeted floors in their homes. In fact, most of them admit to being tired of always having to clean and vacuum it every so often. If you are considering switching to something else, hardwood flooring is the way to go.
Three Reasons To Love Hardwood Floors
1. It Is Easy To Maintain
Hardwood floors can withstand the test of time as long as it is carefully maintained. One of the advantages of hardwood floors is that it is very easy to maintain. Depending on foot traffic, hardwood floors, in general, only need vacuuming and sweeping to remove dirt and dust. Sometimes it will require a wood floor cleaner but in most times, all you need is to sweep the dirt away.
2. It Is Very Versatile
The unique style and design of hardwood floors make it versatile. Whatever interior design you may have in your home or business, you can be confident that your hardwood floors will blend right in. It will never ruin the aesthetics of your home, that’s for sure. Perhaps the only time it will affect the look of your home is when it becomes worn and dull. In such case, if you wish to preserve the look of your hardwood floors, you have to hire floor sanding specialists. These people are trained to revive old hardwood floors and make them look new again.
3. It Comes In Different Shades
You’ll be surprised to know that there are plenty of options when it comes to hardwood floor designs! Your options are endless. Not only does it come in a variety of shades, it also has different patterns, thickness and woods. Some homeowners and business owners tend to mix and match depending on your style.
For those who are planning to redecorate their homes or if you are building your new home and you’ve convinced yourself to get hardwood flooring, it is essential that you match the colour of your walls with the type of hardwood floor you’ll choose.
Here are a few tips to ensure that your home will look its best by matching your floors with your wall colour.
Wall Colours That Will Look Great With Light Hardwood
Light hardwood floors are highly in demand because of its light and elegant design. Some choose this over dark lightwood because they feel that dark floors make their room gloomy. To keep it bright, homeowners prefer light hardwood. For the wall colour, the following will perfectly complement your light hardwood.
- Choose neutral colours. To keep the room bright, we prefer light and neutral shades. We also suggest you keep the trims and the wall in the same colour. Use either a high-gloss or a semi-gloss paint.
- White coloured walls. White will look good on anything but it will particularly look best if it is paired with light hardwood floors. If white is too clinical for your taste, you can tone it down a bit by using cream or an off-white shade.
- Gray coloured walls. There are some homeowners who are not attracted to white paint. To give your room some colour, we suggest you go for a gray shade. Some gray paint has several undertones such as green, pink and blue. Any of these will still look amazing on light hardwood.
Wall Colours That Will Look Great With Dark Hardwood
Dark hardwood floors look best in big rooms or if your house has an open floor plan. This is because dark floors make rooms look smaller. However, before you have floor specialists install hardwood floors in your home, make sure that you check where the source of light is because if the room gets very minimal natural light, you will need to ensure there is sufficient lighting such as lamps so the place wouldn’t look too dark.
For the wall colour, the following will perfectly complement your dark hardwood.
- Check the undertones in the stain. Always consider the undertones in the stain that is used in your floor finish. If your stain is black, you’ll have a very sophisticated foundation when choosing a wall colour.
- Consider your floor shade as neutral. If you have dark floors, we recommend you choose bright and light colours for your walls such as white or off-white or earth tones such as dark beige to give it a classy look.
There are two words to describe hardwood floors, warm and elegant. Regardless of the type of hardwood floors you have installed, you can be certain that it will exude timeless elegance and add warmth to any home.