What is the ecological fireplace and how does it work?
Before you even ask, we’re getting ahead, the ecological fireplace has a real fire, yes. It is nothing holographic. The ecological fireplace appeared in Finland and is slowly conquering its space in Brazil. It works by burning 92º ethyl alcohol, those easily found in markets and pharmacies.
What guarantees the functioning and safety of the ecological fireplace is the stainless steel box that comes with it, also called the burner. It is there that combustion and burning of fuel take place. The ecological fireplace also has a system that controls the height of the flame and the intensity of the fire, regulating it according to your needs.
The ecological fireplace can remain lit for up to 20 hours straight, always maintaining a beautiful and uniform flame, precisely because of the alcohol used for its operation.
But why is the ecological fireplace ecological?
Precisely because of the use of alcohol as a fuel. The product dispenses with the use of firewood and other products derived from petroleum for the generation of fire and, consequently, does not emit smoke, residues, and odors in the environment, making it also one of the safest options for the domestic environment.
The ecological fireplace also excludes the need for ducts, chimneys, and hoods.
Advantages of the ecological fireplace
Check now a summary with the main advantages of the ecological fireplace:
- Versatility: ecological fireplaces match any decoration proposal;
- Ease of installation: the portable ecological fireplace requires no comments in this regard, but even if you choose the built-in version, it is much simpler to be inserted into the environment than a conventional model, especially because it does not require ducts and chimneys;
- Non-polluting: the alcohol used in the ecological fireplace does not pollute the air with smoke and toxic gases, in addition to not producing odors;
- Sustainability: the ecological fireplace, as the name implies, is a great friend of the environment, since it does not need fuels derived from oil, nor firewood;
- Simple lighting: you can light and turn off the ecological fireplace much more easily than a traditional fireplace;
- Safety: the ecological fireplace is safe and does not present a risk of fire, if used properly, or burns when handled;
- Comfort and warmth: the ecological fireplaces play the role of bringing comfort and warmth into the environments. And, believe me, they really heat up. A small fireplace can keep a room of about ten square meters warm. When buying yours remember to choose a model proportional to the environment in which it will be placed, so it does not overheat or underheat;
- Design and style: ecological fireplaces have a modern design and enhance any environment in the house;
- As many as you want: the ecological fireplace can be placed both indoors and outdoors – or both, after all, nothing prevents you from having more than one ecological fireplace;
Convinced of all the advantages of the ecological fireplace? So you just need to decide which one to buy and how to insert it in your decoration. Also, check if Bio-Ethanol fireplaces are safe and how to choose the perfect fireplace for your home.
For this we brought a selection of photos of ecological fireplaces that will help you in this process, check out: