5 tips for stress-free living with your cat and a new app to place bowls, scratching posts and litter boxes in the right places
- Put the food bowl away from the one with the water. And keep it at a safe distance also from the litter box and from passage areas such as entrances and exits, cats need privacy and tranquility while they drink.
- Keep the litter box in an area that the cat can easily reach. If you have more than one cat, put a litter box for each one.
- The scratcher must be high enough for the cat to be able to reach full height: choose a scratcher that is also sturdy and place it near entrances/exits and close to resting areas close arrangement).
- Allow the cat (where possible) to have free access to outdoor areas such as a balcony, courtyard, or garden and provide (always) different resting areas in different areas of the house.
- Pay attention to “stressful” situations for the cat such as moving house, the arrival of another cat or the arrival of a baby, frequent guests at home, loud noises, retirement or cattery, etc. You can also help your cat with natural pheromone therapy.