Making home improvements can be as easy as quick coat of paint or filling a crack in a sidewalk. Hiring a windows and doors company for the replacement products can be a complicated matter if you haven’t done your homework. Let’s face it, when we upgrade our home, a competent windows and doors company is the difference between quality workmanship and something you will be forced to put more money into at a later date. There are many important details to consider when you are on the verge of hiring a windows and doors company and becoming familiar with the process will be the path to success. To determine if the windows and doors company you want to hire is reputable there are some questions that need to be answered.
How to validate a windows and doors company?
- A professional windows and doors company has to establish their bona fides as a quality contractor, one thing they must possess is insurance. Accidents happen and when they do, liability could be a big problem if the windows and doors company isn’t insured for anything that could go wrong. Reputations and references will mean nothing when a windows and doors company is working at your home; it is the insurance that protects the homeowner and the company.
- A professional reputation that spans many years is advantageous for a homeowner when securing the services of a windows and doors company. The record of success will help a homeowner make a decision on a windows and doors company and it can be a source of third-party feedback regarding the work and how it was done on site. If you find a windows and doors company with less than five years experience, you may want to shy away from them as they are still in the learning stage of their trade.
- Spending thousands of dollars with a windows and doors company means you need to ask fateful questions about warranties for materials and labour that will part of the process. In the main, the products will have a manufacturer’s warranty and the windows and doors company will guarantee the labour involved in the installation. If the windows and doors company you are reviewing isn’t offering a minimum five-year warranty – look elsewhere. A solid windows and doors company will issue a 10-year warranty for labour and quality products will come with a similar warranty for products.
- Next up for evaluation for a windows and doors company is the references they carry as their badge of honour. A windows and doors company that is trustworthy will have no trouble submitting references from former customers. One thing though, when screening the references make sure they are from people just like you and not friends or family of the windows and doors company contractor.
- Conflict resolution is another important facet of business operations for a windows and doors company. Not always does your installation go off without a hitch. It is a defining moment for a windows and doors company when it comes time to meet the terms of the warranty, installation or other problems that can occur when you have a crew come to your home for a major renovation.
When you select us at AM Window and Door Solutions in London, you are protected from all the risks that come from hiring a windows and doors company. All of our technicians are trained, insured and competent for your work. Our 10-year labour warranty is one of the best in the industry and after over 60-years in business, we set the pace in our industry.
Before you make arrangements with a windows and doors company, calls us today at AM Window and Door Solutions at 1.877.281.6900 for a free estimate and professional consultation to satisfy your needs.